Monday, May 21, 2007

YumYum gets under my skin.

More on the yum yum debacle.

Sure, mayo exists in Japanese cooking. Or at least as a nice swirly decoration on the greatest sushi roll ever.

If you people SAW what the woman across from me was DOING with the yum yum, you'd be horrified and tweaked as well. I'm talking POURING it over rice, vegetable, and meat. I have to think this is NOT what the gods of Japanese chefery (I made that word up. Suck it) intended as the usage of this condiment.

If they ("they" being Morimoto on Iron Chef when he defeated Bobby Flay) get pissy when someone jumps on a cutting board, I have to think they would throw a samurai sword at your head if the mayo was poured over so excessively.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I am 100% on your side with this! As a witness to the horrific act ensued upon an acceptable meal. Sauces while used to accompany food are made for just that! They are not made to pour in large amounts over every product on your plate, or to hide your contempt for dining across the table from two people who know what the hell they are talking about when it comes to food. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to second this. Mayonnaise is not an acceptable topping for any kind of food. Especially pizza. Absolutely inappropriate! I saw 2 pizzas on a menu called "Ocean Cream" (seafood and mayo) and "Tuna Mayoler" (hard boiled egg, mayo, broccoli, tuna). umm ... no. just no.