Monday, April 23, 2007

Two Columbus Restaurants of Note:

Click on the names for the websites. Thoms: great webpage. Le Chatelaine: no website, but an entertaining review on CitySearch.
Thoms in Grandview

Excellent Wine Prices makes it ALL worthwhile
Great Tapas Menu
Scallop with peanut noodles perfect! Scallop perfectly cooked
Salmon was wonderful
Soup Special not seasoned enough (Roasted Red Pepper Soup...not a lot of flavor)
Caesar Salad too dijon-y
Apple Tart Tartin not cooked enough and dry
Coffee was yum

A bit of a nonfragmented explanation, although I am really enjoying writing in fragments. I ordered the french white burgundy, Louis Jadot's Pouilly Fuse. It was excellent and would've been about 50 in a normal place with normal mark-ups on wine. Let me just say, if you have a place that charges just a slight corkage fee for the wine, get the wine that would normally be MORE! Take advantage of that great wine menu. Don't order the cheapest thing, because I guarantee you they don't make their menu based off of the 8 dollar bottle of wine.

Le Chatelaine in Worthington

Not a dijon-y Caesar Salad
Great flavor in a tomato basil soup
Great mound of shredded gruyere and croutons for the salad
(I ate the cheese by itself)
I ate dinner here alone, on the patio, grading papers. Love the Olde Worthington atmosphere. I'm not sure how many times I have eaten DINNER alone, but it is something I am going to do more often. Something about it CENTERS you. Well at least it centers me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.lachatelainebakery.com/