Thursday, March 01, 2007

I have been LINKED!

I was surfing around other food blogs today, and looky looky! My blog was on their list of websites for other food blogs! ME! So, now I feel bad for not linking them, which I will do now fo-sho! And one of the blogs I had never seen before! Okay, can you sense my excitement by the number of exclamation points I have used?

Last night I made Mushroom Risotto for the dear husband. It was his homemade birthday dinner, kinda. A day late, but the Subway and then stuffed jalapenos the night before wasn't that great of a "birthday dinner". Although we did revisit the stuffed jalapenos for dinner with the risotto.

Here is my risotto recipe...pretty standard.

8 ounces sliced baby portabella mushrooms
6 cups chicken broth (I used 5 chicken and 1 beef last night)
1/4 cup wine red or white works great!
1 cup arborio rice (makes 3 cups of risotto)
2 large garlic cloves chopped
2 T finely chopped onions (TJ don't read that)
salt
1/2 cup grated parmesan
olive oil

Pour chicken broth into a sauce pan and heat over medium heat. Turn to low if it boils.

Heat olive oil (about 2 T) in a large saute pan. For me, I use my Calphalon omelete pan (large not the small). Saute mushrooms until they release their liquids and brown. Add wine and cook down. Add garlic and onion and the arborio rice. Add another T of olive oil. Saute until the rice looks pearly with a white dot of sorts in the middle. Then start the ladling. My ladle is 1/2 cups. I ladle one scoop at a time, stirring until the broth is soaked up. The rice will release its starches, and you can tell when the broth has thickened with that starch. Keep adding until it is the consistency of risotto. Honestly, sometimes it is more and sometimes less broth in order to "get there". Sprinkle in cheese, stirring to make it creamy.

The End.

I wish I had a camera to take photos...it is broken. Remember?

No comments: