Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Potato Gnocchi in Roasted Garlic and Mushroom Sauce

In the pasta aisle, you will find potato gnocchi in vacuum sealed packages. They say "3 Servings"; I say NO. But they work for 2 people for sure. I think homemade gnocchis are better. These were a bit mushy, but they serve a great purpose, taking only 3 minutes in boiling water. They made a great dinner for TJ and I last night.


This was an attempt to recreate a Whole Foods menu item. I tweaked it a wee.
Roasted Bulb of garlic (40 minutes at 350 in foil)
Toasted Pine Nuts
8 ounces sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup chicken broth1/4 cup white wine
Cook the gnocchi and set aside, keeping them warm.
Toast pine nuts, and add to gnocchi. Sweat the mushrooms in a nonstick pan (I cover mine). Add chicken broth to mushrooms to deglaze the pan. Add the roasted garlic and wine; saute to blend flavors. Toss with gnocchi and nuts. Add parmesan cheese.

No comments: